Skip Navigation LinksPCC-Consolidated-Mobile-Clinic-Initial

Health Care Facility Licensing and Certification

 Contact Us

Phone: (916) 552-8632

For application status requests, please include the following in your email:
  • Name of Facility or Agency
  • License or Facility/Agency # (if applicable)
  • Address
  • Facility or Provider Type
  • Date Documentation Sent
  • Contact Number

Primary Care Clinic - Consolidated Mobile Clinic
Initial Application Packet

A State license is required to operate a Primary Care Clinic (PCC) in California. A PCC or affiliate clinic may be eligible for a consolidated license. Consolidated license means allowing eligible PCCs or affiliate clinics to add additional physical plants, maintained and operated on separate premises, to an existing PCC or affiliate clinic site. The PCC or affiliate clinic license shall be amended to include the additional physical plant as part of a single consolidated license. A PCC or affiliate clinic may add additional locations that are no more than one-half mile from the licensed clinic adding the additional physical plant under the consolidated license. The clinic corporation that operates the existing licensed PCC shall demonstrate compliance with the following criteria:

  1. there is a single governing body for all the facilities maintained and operated by the licensee;
  2. there is a single administration for all the facilities maintained and operated by the licensee; and,
  3. there is a single medical director for all the facilities maintained and operated by the licensee, with a single set of bylaws, rules, and regulations.

Mobile service unit or mobile unit means a special purpose commercial coach or a commercial coach that provides medical, diagnostic, and treatment services and does not mean a modular, relocatable, or transportable unit that is designed to be placed on a foundation when it reaches its destination, nor does it mean any entity that is exempt from licensure, pursuant to Health and Safety Code (HSC) section 1765.105.

To apply for an Initial license, you must complete the required application packet. Refer to HSC sections 1200 through 1245 for information regarding licensure requirements. Refer to HSC sections 1765.101 through 1765.175 for information regarding Mobile Health Care Units.

How to Apply

An applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Centralized Applications Branch (CAB). The application packet contains the required forms in one location. The provider checklist identifies the required forms and supporting documents needed to apply for licensing and certification. The provider instructions are a resource to guide you through the process.

Please refer to the following links to get started:

Where to Submit Applications

Submit completed application packets to the CAB at the address listed below. Do not send any completed application packets, forms, or supporting documents to the local CDPH, District Office.

          California Department of Public Health
          Licensing and Certification Program
          Centralized Applications Branch
          P.O. Box 997377, MS 3207
          Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

Page Last Updated :