How Can I Get WIC?
Do I qualify?
To qualify for WIC, you must meet
income guidelines (PDF) and be in any of the categories below:
- A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- A woman who had a baby or was pregnant in the past 6 months
- A baby up to his or her first birthday
- A child up to his or her fifth birthday
Not sure if you qualify?
You may qualify if you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF) or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits.
Babies and children cared for by their fathers, other guardians, or foster parents are also eligible.
Working families and migrant families are also welcome to apply.
Set up an appointment at a WIC local agency near you! Visit our mobile-friendly website at
m.wic.ca.gov to find a WIC local agency site near you.
What do I bring to my first WIC appointment?
- Each person who will be enrolling into the WIC program
- Identification — for yourself & any children age birth to 5 years
- Proof of address — a document verifying your current address
- Proof of income — current documents such as, paycheck, tax return or letter from employer
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- A review of the WIC program services & benefits, including "How to use your WIC checks"
Welcome to WIC video
- An Individualized Nutrition Assessment for each qualifying member of your family