How Can I Get WIC?
Do I qualify?
To qualify for WIC, you must meet
income guidelines (PDF) and be in any of the categories below:
- A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- A woman who had a baby or was pregnant in the past 6 months
- A baby up to his or her first birthday
- A child up to his or her fifth birthday
- Babies and children cared for by their fathers, other guardians, or foster parents
Not sure if you qualify?
You may qualify if you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF) or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits. Working families and migrant families are also welcome to apply.
WIC eligibility assessment tool to see if you qualify.
Set up an appointment at a WIC local agency near you! Visit our website for WIC families to find a WIC local agency site near you.
What do I bring to my first WIC appointment?
- Each person who will be enrolling into the WIC program
- Identification — for yourself and any children age birth to 5 years
- Proof of address — a document verifying your current address
- Proof of income — current documents such as paycheck, tax return, or letter from employer
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- A review of the WIC program services and benefits, including the following videos: