The Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Advisory Committee was created by legislative mandate to make recommendations to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) on issues related to HAI surveillance, reporting, and prevention in California general acute care hospitals (Health and Safety Code 1288.5).
The HAI Advisory Committee is comprised of voting members with HAI expertise or interest and non-voting liaison members who represent California HAI stakeholder organizations. The voting member categories are health care consumers, health care providers, hospital administrators, infection preventionists, integrated health care systems experts or representatives, local health department officials, and physicians with expertise in infectious disease or hospital epidemiology. For additional information see member recruitment webpage,
current members, HAI Advisory Bylaws (PDF) and
California's Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act (PDF) requirements.
HAI Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, November 14, 2019
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
California Department of Public Health
850 Marina Bay Parkway Richmond, CA 94804
Conference Room P-2119
For questions about upcoming meetings, please e-mail HAIProgram@cdph.ca.gov or call (510) 412-6060
HAI Advisory Committee Meetings
The HAI Advisory Committee meets quarterly. Posted below are agendas and summary notes for all meetings that occurred in the past 365 days. To request information from prior meetings, please contact
The HAI Advisory Committee creates and charges subcommittees to review and deliberate on specific issues and topics that cannot be completely or thoroughly addressed at full Committee meetings. Each active subcommittee presents a progress update at quarterly Committee meetings, and may propose items to be considered by the full Committee for formal recommendation to CDPH.
Antimicrobial Stewardship/Antibiotic Resistance Subcommittee Meetings
Environmental Cleaning in Healthcare Subcommittee Meetings
- August 05, 2019- Meeting cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
- July 01, 2019- Meeting cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
- June 03, 2019 - Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- May 06, 2019 - Meeting cancelled due to lack of quorum.
- March 04, 2019 - Meeting cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
- February 04, 2019 - Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- January 07, 2018 - Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- December 08, 2018 - Meeting cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
- November 05, 2018 - Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- October 01, 2018 - Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- September 17, 2018 - Meeting cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
Public Reporting and Education Subcommittee Meetings