CDPH Vital Records does not currently have a public counter. However, you can contact us by mail at:
California Department of Public Health
Vital Records - MS 5103
P.O. Box 997410
Sacramento, CA 95899-7410
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Pacific Time
Phone number: (916) 445-2684
Note: For death amendments related to the FEMA COVID Funeral Reimbursement Program, please use the following prompts:
- press 5 for amendments,
- press 2 for death,
- press 2 for deaths 2005 to present.
Note: For death amendments related to the FEMA COVID Funeral Reimbursement Program, please include the following in your email:
- In the subject line enter FEMA COVID Funeral Reimbursement Assistance
- In the body of the email, include:
- Decedent’s name – name of person listed on the death certificate
- Date of death listed on the death certificate
- City and state of death listed on the death certificate
- The purpose of email – what would you like to accomplish?
For more information about programs in Center for Health Statistics and Informatics see CHSI Program Links below.