Vital Record Fees
Please send a check or money order made payable to CDPH Vital Records.
Please do not send cash by mail. CDPH cannot be held responsible for fees paid that are lost, misdirected, or undelivered.
**Notice Regarding Vital Record Fee Increase**
Effective January 1, 2022, the California Department of Public Health – Vital Records (CDPH-VR) will increase vital record fees for certified copies and amendments, pursuant to Assembly Bill (AB) 128 (Chapter 21, Statutes of 2021).
|Birth Certified Copy||$25||$27|
|Death Certified Copy||$21||$23|
|Marriage Certified Copy||$15||$16|
|Dissolution of Marriage Certificate||$14||$15|
|Fetal Death Certificate||$18||$20|
|Still Birth Certificate||$24||$28|
- Acknowledgement of Paternity - $23
- Adjudication of Facts of Parentage - $23
- Adoptions - $20*
- Affidavit to Amend a Birth Certificate - $23*
- Affidavit to Amend a Death Certificate - $23*
- Affidavit to Amend a Marriage Certificate - $23*
- Correcting Gender Errors - $23
- Court Order Name Change - $23
- Gender Reassignment - $23
- Delayed Registration of Birth - $23
- Court Order Delayed Certificate of Marriage - $23
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Birth - $23
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Death - $23
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death - $23
*Refer to our informational pamphlets on this website (Correcting or Amending Vital Records) - there are a few instances where these particular transactions do not require a fee.