Date: June 9, 2021
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state's pandemic response.
Updated Face Coverings Guidance to Take Effect on June 15
CDPH today released updated Guidance for Face Coverings to align with CDC Guidance, which will go into effect on June 15, when the state reopens its economy and moves Beyond the Blueprint.
Beginning June 15, fully vaccinated people will be able to resume everyday activities without wearing a mask. Masks will be required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses. Masks will be required in some limited situations regardless of vaccination status including on public transit, at schools and childcare centers (pending updated CDC guidance), in healthcare and long-term care facilities, in prisons, and at emergency or homeless shelters.
workplaces, employers are subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) or the CalOSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standard, and should consult those regulations for additional
Vax for the Win Update
As of June 9, the Vax for the Win team has so far reached 13 of the 15 winners selected in the June 4 drawing for $50,000 cash prizes. Learn more about California's vaccine incentive program and your chance to win $50,000 or a grand prize of $1.5 million.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,692,506 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 846 newly recorded confirmed cases Tuesday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 0.7%.
- There have been 67,013,912 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 95,819 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- There have been 62,499 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of June 9, providers have reported administering a total of 38,862,508 vaccine doses statewide. The CDC reports that 46,958,420 doses have been delivered to entities within the state. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. For more vaccination data, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard.
ADDITIONAL DATA & UPDATES