Request for Application (RFA) #22-10531
LBTQ Health Equity Initiative: Service Provider Capacity Building Program
Request for Application (RFA) Background and Information:
CDPH is implementing a new initiative to address health inequities experienced by 2.5 million Californians who identify as lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer (LBTQ). Funding was authorized as part of the Budget Act of 2019, SEC. 2, Item 4265-111-0001, Schedule 2, Provisions 4(a) and (b). The LBTQ Health Equity Initiative (LBTQ Initiative) will address well-documented but largely unaddressed health inequities that result from a range of challenges including deeply rooted systemic anti-LBTQ bias, lack of culturally responsive care, and an alarming lack of medical services and research tailored to lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer women as well as transgender men, non-binary, and gender non-conforming persons. Funding for the LBTQ Health Equity Initiative was appropriated by the legislature in 2019 after stakeholders presented compelling evidence of these inequities.
Four strategies will be funded through contracts: healthcare access demonstration projects (HCADPs), community education and outreach projects (CE&OPs), service provider capacity building projects (SPCBPs), and LBTQ research projects. The current RFA opportunity will fund HCADPs and CE&OPs, with SPCBPs and LBTQ research project to be funded through subsequent RFAs in 2022.
The funding of RFA 22-10531 provides an opportunity for LBTQ-serving CBOs to develop new interventions, and/or enhance existing activities, addressing: community-led training and TA projects for health service providers, quality improvement efforts related to provision of culturally responsive care for LBTQ patients, and other efforts to strengthen continuums of care for LBTQ Californians. This broadly defined focus for capacity building activities is designed to acknowledge that continuums of care for LBTQ patients, clients and communities extend beyond just healthcare agencies and settings. CDPH anticipates funding up to 8 program contracts, up to $400,000 each.
- October 18th, 2022: RFA #22-10531 Q&A is posted.
- October 12th, 2022: Revised version of RFA #22-10531 is posted (PDF); Addendum 1 to RFA 22-10531 is posted (PDF). Please refer to the updated RFA document for program requirements; Addendum 1 outlines specific date and requirement changes included in the updated version of the RFA. Please note the deadline for applications to be received by CDPH has been moved to November 30th, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
- September 30th, 2022: RFA #22-10531 has been released for application and is available for download (pdf).
- September 13th, 2022: CDPH estimates an additional 2 week delay in the release of RFA #22-10531; the Pre-Application Conference has been rescheduled to Monday, October 3rd, 2022. Please see the updated table of key dates below.
- August 25th, 2022: CDPH estimates a 2 week delay in the release of RFA #22-10531; the Pre-Application Conference has been rescheduled to Thursday, September 15th, 2022. Please see the updated table of key dates below.
Aug 8, 2022
Draft RFA Available for Stakeholder Review/Comments
Aug 11, 2022 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Town Hall (Optional; Registration Required)
Aug 19, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for Stakeholders to Submit
By Sep 30, 2022
RFA Released for Application (PDF)*updated 10/12/22
Oct 3, 2022 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Pre-Application Conference (Optional; Registration Required)
Oct 10, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for Written Question Submission
Oct 18, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
Responses to Written Questions Posted on CDPH Website
Oct 24, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for Request for Requirements Change
Nov 30, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to Receive Applications
Dec 30, 2022 (Estimate)
Notice of Intent to Award Posted at CDPH
Public Information Sessions