REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
Funding for this RFA is established in California HSC Section 120780.5. Upon an appropriation in the annual Budget Act, California Department of Public Health, Office of AIDS (CDPH/OA) shall award funding, on a competitive basis, to community based organizations (CBOs) or local health jurisdictions (LHJs) to provide comprehensive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention and control activities for the most vulnerable and underserved individuals living with, or vulnerable to HIV infection. As indicated by HIV surveillance data, the populations most vulnerable to HIV are Black/African American (AA) and Latinx populations.
CDPH/OA is requesting applications for projects that will improve viral suppression among Black/AA and Latinx people living with HIV (PLWH), and prevent HIV acquisition among Black/AA and Latinx people who are particularly vulnerable to HIV. The intended outcomes include increasing viral suppression, increasing linkage to and retention in HIV care, increasing knowledge of HIV status, and increasing linkage to and uptake of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). CDPH/OA will take in to account the EE’s ability to effectively reach these populations through new and innovative strategies.
OA defines "innovative" as the application of new ideas or promising practices that use the required approaches within this RFA to address the needs of Black/AA and/or Latinx individuals/communities as demonstrated by data. This also includes the advancement of existing programs or approaches that have been deemed successful in serving Black/AA and Latinx individuals/communities.
OA looks forward to receiving applications from all EEs to support the goals of Project Empowerment to provide comprehensive prevention and control activities for the most vulnerable and underserved individuals living with, or vulnerable to HIV infection, to improve health outcomes, reduce HIV-related health disparities, reduce new HIV infections, and achieve maximal results in addressing the HIV epidemic in California.
Please submit any questions to: ProjectEmpowerment@cdph.ca.gov.
- Project Empowerment RFA application webinar will be held on December 3, 2019 from 10 A.M. PDT – 12 P.M. PDT.
- Questions about the Project Empowerment RFA must be submitted in writing by email to ProjectEmpowerment@cdph.ca.gov by December 6, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Questions and responses will be posted on this webpage by December 11, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Mandatory electronic Letter of Intent (LOI) is due on December 13, 2019 by 12:00 Noon PDT. RFA Attachments will be sent to only those who submit LOI.
- Electronic application submission is due on January 10, 2020 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Please see the RFA for LOI and application submission information.