Skip Navigation LinksAmending-a-California-Birth-Record

vital records

Amending a California Birth Record​

​For assistance in selecting the correct birth amendment form, please utilize our Birth Amendment Overview Chart.



Please view our current Fees. Requests received without the appropriate fee will be returned to the sender. Make your check or money order payable to CDPH Vital Records. Checks must be drawn on a United States bank. Money orders must be drawn on a United States bank or issued by the United States Postal Service.

Please do not send cash by mail. CDPH cannot be held responsible for fees paid that are lost, misdirected, or undelivered.

Processing Times

Please view our current Processing Times. The processing time begins when CDPH-VR receives your request.​

Page Last Updated :