Skip Navigation LinksApplyForLicensure

Health Care Facility Licensing and Certification

 Contact Us

Phone: (916) 552-8632

For application status requests, please include the following in your email:

  • Name of Facility or Agency
  • License or Facility/Agency # (if applicable)
  • Address
  • Facility or Provider Type
  • Date Documentation Sent
  • Contact Number

Licensing and Certification Process Information

The Centralized Applications Branch (CAB) is primarily responsible for processing licensing and certification applications for health care facilities and providers. An application packet is required for any of the following:

  • New (initial) facility or agency
  • Change of ownership
  • Report of change 

CAB processes applications in the order in which they are received. Processing times for applications and other report of changes vary widely due to complexity of application or reported change. CAB will notify applicants with contact information once an analyst is assigned to process the application.

Video Tutorials

For visual instructional assistance on how to complete specific application forms, please visit the following links:




Licensing and Certification Application Packets

To access an specific application packet, please select from the following below and click "Submit"

Page Last Updated :