Health Care Facilities
Attention Facilities! Those in search of nursing staff (certified nurse assistants, home health aides, hemodialysis technicians, licensed vocational nurses or registered nurses), we encourage you to register with CalJOBS. Here you will gain access to industry data, labor market information and job applicants for your facility. You can also post job openings online.
The Centralized Applications Branch is responsible for issuing license renewals to facilities with an existing license.
A License Renewal application with an invoice is distributed to the licensee 120 days prior to the license expiration date.
Pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 1267(a)(1), application for renewal of a license accompanied by the necessary fee shall be filed with the state department not less than 30 days prior to the expiration date. Failure to make a timely renewal shall result in expiration of the license.
The licensee must provide the following information and documents with submission of the License Renewal application:
- Full payment of annual license renewal fee (mailing address to submit the fee is located on the License Renewal Application Instruction page)
- Review and validate all data on the License Renewal Verification page.
- Submit an updated application packet to report changes identified on the License Renewal Verification page.
- Review and sign the Licensee Verification page.
- Review and complete all data on the Contact Information page.
- Provide a printout from the Secretary of State website to indicate an active status for the business entity.
Mail the completed License Renewal application and all subsequent documents to:
California Department of Public Health
Center for Health Care Quality
Licensing and Certification
Centralized Applications Branch
P.O. Box 997377, MS 3207
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Email questions regarding the license renewal application or renewal process to the CAB Renewals inbox.