Table of Reporting Requirements
CLIP July 1, 2008
- NICU II, II/III, III
|Must be inputted within 30 days after the end of the reporting period (month) per NHSN rules. |
Influenza Vaccination – Staff Jan 1, 2008
- Reporting of vaccination/ declination rates for employees was voluntary for 07-08 flu season.
- Reporting of vaccination/ declination rates for employees and healthcare personnel have been mandated since the 2008-2009 influenza season.
- Parallel reporting of vaccination outreach efforts for H1N1 vaccine was mandated for the 2009-2010 flu season.
- Pre season survey (survey monkey) to the HAI Program
- Post season survey (survey monkey) to the HAI Program
- Outreach and vaccination/ declination numbers should be faxed or emailed to the HAI Program
- Pre season survey will always be due by Oct 31
- Post season survey will always be due one month after the end of the flu season – April 30
SCIP Jan 1, 2008
- For facilities such as pediatric hospitals that do not report through CMS, the report is to be emailed quarterly to the HAI Program
- Follow CMS requirements
- Quarterly reports for other facilities due to HAI Program Jan 31, Apr 30, July 31, Oct 31.
SB 1058 Requires facility-wide reporting of the following, effective Jan 1, 2009:
- HA MRSA BSI
- HA VRE BSI
- HA clostridium difficile infections (CDI)
- SSI (per legislative language)
- New requirement to report HA MRSA/VRE BSI via NHSN MDRO LabID module, Method D beginning April 1, 2010
- New requirement to report C diff via NHSN MDRO LabID module, Method C beginning April 1, 2010
- New requirement to report CLABSI facility-wide by location via NHSN beginning April 1, 2010
If reporting SSI thru NHSN, please consider voluntarily conferring rights to CDPH to see the data.
Facilities must confer rights to the CDPH Group to see all mandated data elements reported through NHSN