WIC needs your support to make sure our Authorized Product List (APL) is complete and up-to-date!
Please review the APL and submit UPC information for new or missing products you think meet WIC requirements.
WIC participants using the California WIC Card can only buy products that are included in the APL.
Before You Submit
1. Verify product meets requirements list in federal WIC regulations
2. Verify that product meets requirements listed in the WIC Authorized Food List Shopping Guide (Shopping Guide) (PDF) and California WIC Bulletin Regulations, sections 82000-83000 (PDF)
3. Review USDA's Information for Food Manufacturers
4. Review the APL to verify the submission will not be a duplicate
5. Please note, WIC does not accept UPC submissions for fresh fruits and vegetables. WIC authorized vendors must map these products by UPC to a Price Look-Up (PLU) code.
How to Submit
WIC staff will review UPC submissions before adding them to the APL. All products in the APL must meet state and federal WIC authorization requirements.
Use the links to online forms below to submit new UPCs to the APL. If you do not see the food you wish to submit, it is because we are not currently accepting submissions for it.
To submit UPCs in bulk (25 or more), download and use the Bulk UPC Submission Form. Once completed, submit the form and pictures for each product via SFTP following the instructions on the second sheet of the submission form.
To submit a UPC-update for a Brand Specific Food (as listed in our Shopping Guide (PDF) and WIC Bulletin Regulations (PDF)) currently in the APL, email updated product information to WICfoods@cdph.ca.gov.
After You Submit
We appreciate you taking the time to submit your product(s). You will only receive a response if your product(s) is/are deemed not authorized. The response will include the reason for the rejection. If authorized, your product(s) will be added to the APL as soon as possible.
If a product is submitted by a food manufacturer's employee or agent, the manufacturer must notify WIC in writing of all product changes and the effective date of the changes.
Examples of product changes include, but are not limited to, changes in container size, ingredients, product name, or discontinuance of a product.
Submit notification of these changes to WICfoods@cdph.ca.gov.