WIC Division Overview
CDPH/WIC Division Mission and Strategies:
The Women, Infants and Children Division supports the vision of the Center for Family Health by nourishing and empowering families to grow and build a healthy future.
WIC uses the following strategies to carry out our mission:
- Maximize participation in the WIC Program: WIC works to maximize participation through retention, re-engagement, and recruitment efforts.
- Provide relevant, quality services to participants: WIC helps families by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods, and connecting families to healthcare and other community services.
- Support local agencies and vendors to be successful: WIC local agencies and retail food vendors are the public face of WIC and are vital in serving WIC families.
- Ensure integrity and accountability: WIC staff, local agencies, vendors, and families are responsible for being good stewards of public resources.
- Implement the new WIC Card: WIC is modernizing its services by transitioning from paper vouchers to the WIC Card and replacing its Management Information System (MIS).
State Publications and Documents
Job opportunities at the CDPH/WIC Division
The CDPH/WIC Division is looking for energetic and innovative staff with a passion for contributing to work that improves the lives of Californians statewide. The State WIC Program is located in Sacramento County. We have public health, nutrition, and education positions as well as management, administration, analytical, and support positions.