|This year the 2018 Statewide Medical and Health Exercise (SWMHE) will take place during the third week of November.|
The SWMHE Program consists of objective driven exercise templates and generic exercise templates to assist jurisdictions, organizations and facilities participate in the yearly exercise. The program utilizes the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and aligns with Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP)/Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) grant requirements.
The SWMHE Program is customizable to fit the needs of any organization, jurisdiction or facility. You can change the scenario, exercise date, objectives, or any other details to fit your needs.
You are welcome to dive into the templates offered for this year’s exercise, including: discipline-specific Objectives, Scenario, Exercise Plan, and many more. All files are designed to be intuitive, exhaustive, and easy to customize.
A Multi-Year Training and Exercise Plan (MYTEP) has also been developed for the SWMHE Program. The MYTEP details suggested capabilities, scenarios, and focus regions for future years.
Special thanks to our Exercise Planning Workgroup for their invaluable input:
- Alpine County
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association (CASA)
- California Association of Health Facilities (CAHF)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA)
- California Hospital Association (CHA)
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)
- California Primary Care Association (CPCA)
- County of Riverside Emergency Management Department
- DaVita Dialysis
- Inland Counties Emergency Management Agency
- Kaiser Permanente
- Los Angeles County Healthcare Agency
- Mariposa County
- Napa County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Nevada County Public Health
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- Sacramento County
- San Joaquin County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Sharp HealthCare
- Sutter Medical Center