The templates below are intended to assist exercise planners with activities that typically occur prior to the start of an exercise. All templates are Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) compliant and based on the experience of the SMWHE Exercise Workgroup. Please remember these templates are generic and will require modification to fit your desired exercise needs. It is not necessary to use all or any of these templates.
Controlled/Evaluator Briefing PowerPoint Slide Deck (PPT)
- Presents each aspect of the exercise that Controllers and Evaluators will be responsible for administering.
Player Badge (WORD)
- Designed to be a one page document containing all pertinent exercise information such as objectives, timelines, and exercise instructions.
Player Briefing PowerPoint Slide Deck (PPT)
- Presentation to prepare exercise players for their role in the upcoming exercise and contains details about the exercise.
Player Handbook (WRD)
- Provides milestones, diagrams and other essential information that participants can keep readily available during the exercise, in order to maintain continuous play.
Sample Exercise Timeline (WRD)
- Suggested list of milestone events used for planning an exercise using the HSEEP concepts of initial, midterm and final planning meetings.
Save the Date Flyer (WRD)
- Provides an example format used to notify stakeholders and potential partners about a planned exercise.
Scenario Blank Document (WRD)
- A framework which can be used to help exercise planners develop a scenario for an exercise.
Please use Chrome browser to access these files as they may not properly download when using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.