The templates below are intended to assist exercise planners with pre-exercise documentation. All templates are Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) compliant. Please remember these are generic templates and will require modification to fit your desired exercise needs.
Controller/Evaluator Briefing PowerPoint Slide Deck (POWERPOINT)
- Presents each aspect of the exercise that Controllers and Evaluators will be responsible for administering.
Player Badge (WORD)
- Designed to be a one page document containing all pertinent exercise information such as objectives, timelines, and exercise instructions.
Player Briefing PowerPoint Slide Deck (POWERPOINT)
- Presentation to prepare exercise players for their role in the upcoming exercise and contains details about the exercise.
Player Debriefing PowerPoint Slide Deck (POWERPOINT)
- Tool used to provide exercise players with instructions on how to complete documentation of their participation in the exercise and record their observations.
Player Handout (WORD)
- Provides milestones, diagrams and other essential information that participants can keep readily available during the exercise, in order to maintain continuous play.
Sample Exercise Timeline (WORD)
- Suggested list of milestone events used for planning an exercise using the HSEEP concepts of initial, midterm and final planning meetings.
Save the Date Flyer (WORD)
- Provides an example format used to notify stakeholders and potential partners about a planned exercise.
Scenario Blank Document (WORD)
- A framework which can be used to help exercise planners develop a scenario for an exercise.