VRDL Specimen Shipping Guidelines and Current Specimen Submittal Forms
Specimen Shipping Guidelines
- Specimens must be accompanied with a printed copy of the form(s) specified below or a form generated in the VRDL Lab Web Portal.
- Submit one form per specimen. Specimens without a correctly filled submittal form will not be tested.
- Prevent leaking. Be sure that the primary specimen container is closed tightly.
- Use an appropriate, sealed secondary bag or container with absorbent material included.
- Do not apply tape to secondary bags. Do not tape specimens or bags together.
- Handwritten General Purpose Specimen Submittal forms will not be accepted.
- Please refer to Test Order pages in the VRDL Test Catalog for additional shipping information.
Note: In order to ensure accurate patient and specimen identification, the submitter must provide the following information:
- Patient name or patient identification number (must also be written on sample container)
- Date of birth
- Date of onset (estimate if necessary, since this is very important to result interpretation)
- Type of specimen(s) (must also be written on sample container
- Date specimen was collected (must also be written on sample container)