Training Program Review Unit
The Training Program Review Unit is responsible for the review, approval/disapproval and continual oversight of Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), and Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) training, Orientation and In-service programs.
NEW: Effective January 1, 2022, all applications and documents must be EMAILED to the TPRU mailbox at TPRU@cdph.ca.gov or FAXED to 916-636-6760. This change supports the Department's efforts to promote paperless communication. Applications received by U.S. MAIL after January 1, 2022 will NOT be accepted or returned, and the sender will need to resubmit their application via email or fax for it to be processed.
8, 2021 Training Program Review Unit Update:
In compliance with Executive Order N-12-21 (PDF), the
temporary waivers (below) have been extended and will expire December 31, 2021. You may view other AFLs at the All Facilities Letter webpage.
- Suspension of Specified Regulatory Requirements for Nurse Assistant Training Programs (NATPs): Please read AFL 20-40.2
- The temporary waivers contained in AFL 20-40.2 will expire December 31, 2021.
- Suspension of Professional Certification Requirements for Home Health Aide Training Programs (HHA Training Programs): Please read AFL 20-57.2
- The temporary waivers contained in AFL 20-57.2 will expire December 31, 2021.
- Suspension of Professional Certification Requirements for Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs): Please read AFL 20-35.5
- The temporary waivers contained in AFL 20-35.5 will expire December 31, 2021.
- Suspension of Professional Certification Requirements for Home Health Aides (HHAs): Please read AFL 20-49.3
- The temporary waivers contained in AFL 20-49.3 will expire December 31, 2021.
All Temporary Permission for Program Flexibility (CDPH 5000A) requests approved by TPRU and associated with AFL 20-40.2 and AFL 20-57.2 (Clinical Training and Hiring of Nurse Assistants) have been extended and will expire on December 31, 2021.
NEW ONLINE NATP OPPORTUNITY: To provide the theory portion of the Nurse Assistant Training Program (NATP) via online or distance learning permanently, please contact the eLearning Review Unit (ELRU) at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the ELRU website. Your program may have both an NATP face-to-face agreement with TPRU and an online/distance learning NATP agreement with ELRU! For more information, please read AFL 20-89.1, Requirements for Application Submission for Online or Distance Learning NATPs.
Nurse Assistant Training Programs COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Please read COVID-19 NATP FAQs
Attention Facilities! Those in search of nursing staff (certified nurse assistants, home health aides, hemodialysis technicians, licensed vocational nurses or registered nurses), we encourage you to register with CalJOBS. Here you will gain access to industry data, labor market information and job applicants for your facility. You can also post job openings online.
Types of Programs
Approved Training Providers
Approved Continuing Education Providers
Approved Testing Providers
List of Forms for all Program Types
You can find all forms related to all program types on List of Forms for all Program Types or visit the links under the types of programs for specific program related forms.