Request for Application (RFA)
LBTQ Health Equity Initiative
Healthcare Access and Community Outreach Program
Request for Application (RFA) Background and Information:
CDPH is implementing a new initiative to address health inequities experienced by 2.5 million Californians who identify as lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer (LBTQ). Funding was authorized as part of the Budget Act of 2019, SEC. 2, Item 4265-111-0001, Schedule 2, Provisions 4(a) and (b). The LBTQ Health Equity Initiative (LBTQ Initiative) will address well-documented but largely unaddressed health inequities that result from a range of challenges including deeply rooted systemic anti-LBTQ bias, lack of culturally responsive care, and an alarming lack of medical services and research tailored to lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer women as well as transgender men, non-binary, and gender non-conforming persons. Funding for the LBTQ Health Equity Initiative was appropriated by the legislature in 2019 after stakeholders presented compelling evidence of these inequities.
Four strategies will be funded through contracts: healthcare access demonstration projects (HCADPs), community education and outreach projects (CE&OPs), service provider capacity building projects (SPCBPs), and LBTQ research projects. The current RFA opportunity will fund HCADPs and CE&OPs, with SPCBPs and LBTQ research project to be funded through subsequent RFAs in 2022.
The funding of RFA 22-10153 provides an opportunity to administer a portfolio of 5-8 community-based projects focused on healthcare access for LBTQ communities and community outreach and education efforts. CDPH will fund four program contracts, comprising 20-32 community-based subcontractor projects in this topic area.
- April 22nd, 2022: Revised version of RFA #22-10153 is posted (PDF). Please note this incorporates the changes from addenda 1 and 2, previously published.
- April 11th, 2022: Addendum #2 to RFA #22-10153 is published (PDF). Please note that the deadline for applications has been extended to May 13th. Refer to this Addendum for additional requirements and date changes. Revised RFA document to be published shortly.
- April 1st, 2022: Addendum to RFA #22-10153 is published (PDF). Please refer to this Addendum for requirements and date changes. Revised RFA document to be published shortly.
- March 17th, 2022: Additional answer to questions submitted prior to the deadline for written questions have been posted. Guidance regarding advance payment is still pending.
- March 11th, 2022: Answers to questions submitted prior to the deadline for written questions have been posted.
- March 2nd, 2022: A second prospective contractor/subcontractor partnering event will be held on March 9th, 2022 at 3:00 P.M. (PT).
- February 14th, 2022: RFA 22-10153 has been released for application and is available for download (PDF).
- Additional Updates:
- The application deadline has been extended to April 22nd, 2022. The Pre-application conference and Prospective Contractor/Subcontractor event have been moved to February 25th, 2022.
- Provisions related to Advance Payments have been removed from the RFA. OHE will continue to seek DOF pre-authorization and post updates regarding final decisions here.
Section 2.2 (Priority
Populations) has been updated to include definitions of urban, rural and
Language has been added to Section 4.1 (Subcontractor Minimum Qualifications) to include Tribal governments as eligible for subcontracts.
Language has been added to Section (3.1 Contractor Minimum Qualifications) and Section 4.1 (Subcontractor Minimum Qualifications) to clarify that project staff time may be counted towards program implementation experience requirements.
Section 5.4 (Multiple Submissions) has been added to clarify that prospective contractors and subcontractors may only submit and/or be included in one application.
|Jan 21, 2022||Draft RFA Available for Stakeholder Review/Comments|
|Jan 25, 2022 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Stakeholder Town Hall|
|Feb 1, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.||Deadline for Stakeholders to Submit Feedback/Comments|
|On or before Feb 18, 2022 ||4/22/2022: Revised RFA #22-10153 Available (PDF) Please refer to this document, which is inclusive of all changes from addenda 1 and 2.|
4/1/2022: RFA #22-10153 Addendum 1 Available (PDF). Refer to this document for requirements changes; updated RFA to be posted shortly.
4/11/2022: RFA #22-10153 Addendum 2 Available (PDF). Refer to this document for requirements changes; updated RFA to be posted shortly.
2/15/2022: RFA Released for Application (PDF)
|Feb 25, 2022 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Pre-Application Conference (Optional)|
|Feb 25, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||"Meet the Prospective Contractors/Subcontractors" Event (Optional)|
|Mar 4, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.||Deadline for Written Question Submission|
|Mar 9, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Partnering Event #2 (Optional)|
|Mar 11, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.||Responses to Written Questions Posted on CDPH Website|
|Mar 25, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.||Deadline for Request for Requirements Change|
|May 13, 2022 before 5:00 p.m.||Deadline for Application Submission|
|June 10, 2022 (Estimate)||Notice of Intent to Award Posted at CDPH|
Public Information Sessions
- Stakeholder Town Hall (Optional)
- Pre-Application Conference (Optional)
An optional pre-application conference will be held February 25, 2022
from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and will take place virtually on Zoom.
CDPH strives to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and will ensure that the pre-application conference is accessible to persons with disabilities, and ensuring this notice is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. For individuals with disabilities, CDPH will provide assistive services such as sign-language interpretation, real-time captioning, note takers, reading or writing assistance, and conversion of meeting materials into Braille, large print, audiocassette, or electronic form. To request such services, please email LBTQInitiative@cdph.ca.gov before 5:00 p.m. on February 18, 2022.
- Meet the Prospective Contractors/Subcontractors Event (Optional)
- An optional "virtual meeting space" will be hosted following the Pre-Application Conference, February 25 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., for prospective contractors and subcontractors to meet. Breakout rooms for small group discussions will be available.
- Partnering Event #2 (Optional)
- GHEU will provide a virtual space on Zoom for prospective contractors/subcontractors to meet on March 9 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PT). Prospective contractors will be assigned to a breakout room and prospective subcontractors will be able to alternate between rooms.
Presentation slide decks coming soon!