REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS (RFA 19-10219)
RAPID ANTI-RETROVIRAL TREATMENT (Rapid ART)
Funding for the Rapid ART demonstration project was established by Senate Bill 870 and will support the development of up to four two-year public health demonstration projects. Selected applicants will be awarded in a competitive grant process to provide innovative, evidence-based approaches to rapid linkage to, and retention in, quality health care for HIV positive (HIV+) individuals. Emphasis will be placed on the provision of stigma-free, culturally/linguistically competent, evidence-based and innovative demonstration projects to administer and deliver rapid ART and substantially reduce the time to viral suppression, providing clinical benefits to the clients and reducing risk of HIV transmission.
The California Department of Public Health, Office of AIDS (CDPH/OA) is requesting applications for innovative demonstration projects to implement rapid ART with eligible HIV+ persons. OA defines "innovative demonstration projects" as newly developed, novel, original or new to your agency and/or community. Applicants are encouraged to replicate existing evidence-based programs and modify them for integration into your agency.
OA looks forward to receiving applications from all eligible entities to support implementation of Rapid ART to improve health outcomes, reduce HIV-related health disparities, reduce new HIV infections, and achieve maximal results in addressing the HIV epidemic in California.
Please submit any questions to: HIVDemonstrationProject@cdph.ca.gov
- Questions about the Rapid ART RFA must be submitted in writing by email to HIVDemonstrationProject@cdph.ca.gov by June 7, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Questions and responses will be posted on this webpage by June 11, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Mandatory electronic Letter of Intent (LOI) is due on June 18, 2019 by 12:00 Noon PDT. RFA Attachments will be sent to those who submit LOI.
- Electronic application submission is due on June 28, 2019 by 5:00 P.M. PDT.
- Please see the RFA for LOI and application submission information.