Skip Navigation LinksAmending-a-California-Marriage-Record

vital records

Amending a California Marriage Record

Note: Confidential marriage records must be amended through the county clerk in the county where the license was issued. Contact information for county clerks may be found in the county registrars and records directory page.



Please view our current Fees. Requests received without the appropriate fee will be returned to the sender. Make your check or money order payable to CDPH Vital Records. Checks must be drawn on a United States bank. Money orders must be drawn on a United States bank or issued by the United States Postal Service.

Please do not send cash by mail. CDPH cannot be held responsible for fees paid that are lost, misdirected, or undelivered.

Processing Times

Please view our current Processing Times. The processing time begins when CDPH-VR receives your request. 

Page Last Updated :