7th Grade Immunization Assessment Instructions
This page is for reporting purposes (not for initial screening for admission). Information for this report must be obtained from the California School Immunization Record (Blue Card-CDPH286 PDF) or equivalent record. Use the worksheet to tally the immunization status of each student. List each student and check the designated box of their status for Tdap and Varicella separately.
1. Review each child’s Blue Card
Determine the varicella and Tdap booster status for each student.
Students need records of:
The Tdap sticker may be used to document Tdap vaccine in the student’s permanent record on older versions of the Blue Card. Versions of CDPH 286 dated 01/19 or later include a row to document Tdap vaccine; no Tdap sticker is needed.
Has All Required Vaccines Dose(s)
For Varicella, include number of students who received 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. Do not include students who have a medical exemption for varicella vaccine.
For Tdap, include number of students who received 1 dose of a pertussis-containing vaccine on or after the 7th birthday even if a student is still catching up on this vaccine series in accordance with the conditional admission schedule.
Requirements Met, But Missing Doses
PME- Permanent Medical Exemption
- These students submitted a Permanent Medical Exemption (PME) issued in CAIR-ME for Tdap or varicella (including history of chickenpox disease) and have records for either Tdap or varicella if not exempted. If you have a student in this category, sign up for access to CAIR-ME by emailing
- Some students:
- access special education or related services required by their individualized education program (IEP), or
- are enrolled in an independent study program and do not receive classroom-based instruction (IND), or
- are enrolled in a home-based private school (Home).
- Only use these reporting categories when these students do NOT fit into any other category.
Conditional Admission, Need Follow-up:
Conditional –Missing Varicella Dose Not Currently Due
TME- Temporary Medical Exemption
These students submitted a Temporary Medical Exemption (TME) issued in CAIR-ME for Tdap or varicella and have records for either Tdap or varicella if not exempted. If you have a student in this category, sign up for access to CAIR-ME by emailing email@example.com.
Requirements Not Met, Missing Doses, Need Follow-up:
Overdue- Needs Doses Now
These children have missing doses that are overdue. The deadline listed in the “EXCLUDE IF NOT GIVEN BY” column of Conditional Admission Schedule (PDF) has passed. These students must not attend school until they received their overdue doses.
- Homeless and foster students are allowed to enroll without records. Include them here if they are in the process of meeting requirements or waiting for records. If children do not have records, count them as missing all doses.
2. Tally each child’s Reporting Status on the Worksheet
Use the worksheet to tally the immunization status of each student. List each student and check the designated box of their status for varicella and Tdap separately.
Total the columns for the number of children in each reporting category. The total must be equal the total enrollment since each child is only in one group.
Note for children meeting criteria of multiple categories:
- If a student has an exemption and is also a conditional entrant, please report the student as having the exemption only.
- Only place a child in “Other” if they do not fit in any other category. Email
SchoolAssessments@cdph.ca.gov with difficult reporting cases.
Retain the worksheet for your records in case of audit and as a roster of students who do not meet all immunization requirements in the event of an outbreak.
3. Submit Report through the CAIR Hub
First, you will need to register for a
CAIR Hub account and set up a user profile. (If you already have an account for SCRL, use the same login information.)
Once registered, you will be able to log in and see the Immunization Reporting application on your dashboard.
Click on the “Start Reporting” button. Schools may already be assigned to you. You can add or remove assigned schools as needed that you will be reporting on.
Once you click on the school you will be reporting on, confirm your school Information and Contact Information
Then, fill out all required fields using the totals from your worksheet(s) to complete the reporting form.
are no students in a particular category or if the category is not applicable, there should be a zero in the box.
If your school is closed or does not have students for the applicable grades, please login to report your school’s closure or lack of students.
Finally, click on the “Submit 7th Grade Report” button.
Changes can be made up until reporting closes. Log in again and select your school/facility. Click on the submitted report you would like to edit. Make any corrections or modifications based on changes in a student’s status and re-submit the report.