Antimicrobial Stewardship Honor Roll
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) Program is pleased to recognize top performing antimicrobial stewardship programs (ASP) in California. The goals of the ASP Honor Roll are to promote optimal use of antimicrobials, prevent emergence of antimicrobial resistance and C. difficile infections, and to showcase California healthcare facility ASP that not only follow national guidelines, but also demonstrate outcomes and engage their local healthcare community.
The ASP Honor Roll updates and expands our program’s “Spotlight on ASP” project and reflects substantial progress with ASP implementation and the increasingly recognized need for ASP across the healthcare continuum. Honor Roll members will need to renew their status every two years, providing ASP the opportunity to demonstrate the continued effectiveness and highlight new achievements.
Hospital ASP are designated Bronze, Silver or Gold status based upon the following criteria:
CDC Core Elements - Part II
|Complete at least 1 item from each of CDC’s 7 Core Elements||X||X||X|
|Complete all (9) CDPH prioritized items from CDC’s Core Elements||||X||X|
Outcomes and Engagement
|Demonstrate outcomes of interventions/ projects ||||X||X|
|Demonstrate engagement with Community Partners||||||X|
Benefits of the Honor Roll
- Bronze, Silver, or Gold level ASP designation, with a certificate and an Honor Roll logo that can be displayed on the facility website and other publications
- Recognition on the CDPH HAI Program website and social media
- Demonstration to the public that your facility meets and exceeds national ASP guidelines
- Opportunities to showcase your ASP interventions and provide examples to help other healthcare facilities with their ASP
- Engagement and networking opportunities with the HAI Program ID Pharmacist and other healthcare facilities to improve antimicrobial stewardship in your local community
Who Should Apply
Currently, we are accepting applications from hospital ASP; we will expand the program to include skilled nursing facilities (SNF) in the future. All hospitals are encouraged to apply. Facilities who wish to apply but do not meet Honor Roll criteria may still complete the application and use resources offered through the ASP Honor Roll program.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via SurveyMonkey by each 6 month enrollment period deadline: March 1 and September 1. Facilities will be notified of their membership status approximately three months after each deadline.
We encourage you to share the Introduction Letter (PDF) with your ASP Leadership. Additional application information is outlined in the Instruction Manual (PDF), including Honor Roll criteria, details on how to apply, and examples of supporting documents.
Honor Roll Members and Interactive Map
Contact the HAI Program for more information at HAIProgram@cdph.ca.gov.