Online Training for Schools
Welcome to free online training for schools TK–12th grades! These interactive modules are designed to support your efforts in implementing school immunization requirements.
Become an Immunization Champion for Your School!
Please see the list of training modules and objectives below. Click on the links to begin.
1. Getting Started (7 mins)
- Understand your role and identify resources
2. California School Immunization Requirements (12 mins)
- Define required vaccination abbreviations and names
- Determine if students have received the number of doses required for each immunization
California School Admission Requirements (15 mins)
- Define unconditional and conditional admission
- Define permanent medical exemption and temporary medical exemption
- Determine if requirements are met for unconditional admission
- Determine if requirements are met for conditional admission
Processing School Immunization Records Part 1 (8 mins)
- List the steps to process immunization records
- Practice using the four steps to process student immunization records
5. Processing School Immunization Records Part 2 (19 mins)
- Identify student school immunization records that fall into the six reporting categories
- Process international students and other transfers such as homeless and foster students
6. Following Up on Conditional Entrants (24 mins)
- Process school immunization records with multiple follow-up dates.
- Follow up for continued attendance
7. Reporting Immunizations
TK/Kindergarten (21 mins)
7th Grade (18 mins)
Pre-Kindergarten (Child Care) (20 mins)
- Gather information necessary to report school/pre-k immunization information.
- Complete the Immunization Assessment Worksheet.
- Report your immunization information on the reporting website.
Additional modules are currently in development for Pre-Kindergarten versions of the above modules (No ETA yet).
Tell Us What You Think
Send us your feedback about the training modules by emailing
ShotsforSchool@cdph.ca.gov with the subject line "School Training Modules". If there is an issue with specific content, please include the name of the module, page number, and description. (Include a screen shot, if possible.)