Welcome to free online training for staff at child care (pre-k) facilities! These interactive modules are designed to support your efforts in implementing immunization requirements at your facility.
Become an Immunization Champion!
Learning Objectives and Links
1. Getting Started (7 mins)
- Understand your role and identify resources.
2. California Pre-K Immunization Requirements (15 mins)
- Determine if children have received the number of doses required for each immunization.
- Determine if requirements have been met for unconditional admission.
- Determine if requirements have been met for conditional admission.
3. Processing Pre-K Immunization Records Part 1 (10 mins)
- List the steps to process immunization records.
- Practice using the four steps to process child immunization records.
4. Processing Pre-K Immunization Records Part 2 (15 mins)
- Identify immunization records that fall into the six reporting categories.
5. Following Up on Conditional Entrants (21 mins)
- Process pre-k immunization records with multiple follow-up dates.
- Follow up for continued attendance.
6. Reporting Immunizations (15 mins)
- Gather information necessary to report pre-k immunization information.
- Complete the Immunization Assessment Worksheet.
- Report your immunization information on the reporting website.
If you viewed this module in the past, you may need to delete your browser history to view the updated module.
Tell Us What You Think
Send us your feedback about the training modules by emailing ShotsforSchool@cdph.ca.gov with the subject line “Child Care Training Modules.” If there is an issue with specific content, please include the name of the module, page number, and description. (Include a screen shot, if possible.)
View training for School Immunization Requirements (TK-12th Grade).