About the California Pathways into Public Health (Cal-PPH) Internship Program
The Cal-PPH Internship Program is a novel program that provides training, support and hands-on work experience to college and university students studying public health or related disciplines. Through this program, students are offered a unique opportunity to work at local health departments (LHDs) across the state and receive a training, professional development support and a paid salary.
The Cal-PPH Internship Program welcomes aspiring public health professionals!
Internship Program Details:
- Offered every spring and fall semester.
- Onsite placement at LHDs throughout California.
- Commitment of 15–29 hours per week.
- Hourly wages determined by placement location and candidate's level of education.
The Cal-PPH Internship Program is looking for applicants who are interested in long-term careers working in public health.
Applicants must meet all of the following work experience/education requirements:
- College students studying public health or a related field of study.
- DACA and international students are eligible to apply.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units of credit at time of internship.
The application period for our Fall 2023 cohort has closed. In October 2023, we will post information about our Spring 2024 cohort recruitment. If you'd like to be notified of future cohort openings, please add your information to the Cal-PPH Internship Program Notification Registration Form.
Contact us at: CALPPHInternshipList@cdph.ca.gov.