Medicare Part D Premium Payment (MDPP) Assistance
The Medicare Part D Premium Payment Program pays only Part D insurance premiums for persons living with HIV/AIDS who are enrolled in both a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan and the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
For information about the Medicare Part D program and links to important tools for Part D prescription plan selection call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227) or visit the Medicare website.
To be eligible for Medicare Part D Premium Assistance, clients must:
- Be a resident of California
- Have an HIV/AIDS diagnosis
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enrolled in ADAP
- Be enrolled in a Medicare Part D Prescription Plan
- Not be receiving 100% assistance from Medicare's Extra Help/Full Low Income Subsidy (LIS)
- Not be receiving Full Scope Medi-Cal
How to Apply
Clients have two options:
1. Contact an ADAP enrollment worker. An enrollment worker can help clients with:
- Faxing the required documentation to ADAP and
- Indicating in the ADAP Enrollment System that the client would like Medicare Part D premium payment assistance
Please use the ADAP Enrollment Site List (Excel) to find an local ADAP certified enrollment site.
2. Enroll directly with OA. If clients cannot reach an enrollment worker or would prefer to enroll directly through OA, they can:
- Complete sections 1 (Profile), 5 (Health Coverage), and 6 (Insurance) of the ADAP application (PDF),
- Sign and date the ADAP Consent Form (pages 10-11), and
- Submit the completed ADAP application sections
Clients can submit completed forms with original signatures and documentation directly to OA using the following methods:
- Fax: (844) 421-8008 using the ADAP Fax Coversheet (PDF)
- Mail: Insurance Assistance Section, California Department of Public Health, P.O. Box 997426, MS 7704, Sacramento, CA 95899-7426
If clients or enrollment workers are having difficulty accessing enrollment materials or need additional assistance, they should contact the ADAP call center (844) 421–7050.