Federal Poverty Level Guidelines for ADAP Clients
Current Program Income Eligibility Requirement
To be eligible for the ADAP program, individuals must have a Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) that is above 138 % of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and below 500% of the FPL (column B and C in the table below). If your income is below 138% of the FPL you may be eligible for MAGI Medi-Cal.
Instructions to Determine Recertification for Income Eligibility
How to read the table:
- Identify the number of people in your household in column A.
- Your household size includes your spouse, registered domestic partner, and any dependent(s) that you and/or your spouse or registered domestic partner claim on your tax return.
- To continue to be eligible for the prescription/insurance assistance program, your income must be more than column B* and must be equal to or less than column C.
- Example: A married couple with no dependents is a household size of two. This household has an income of $73,350. The client enrolled in medication and/or insurance assistance is eligible.
- Example: A single person living with three roommates is a household size of one. This household has an income of $14,500. This client is not eligible for prescription/insurance assistance and should apply for MAGI Medi-Cal*.
Medi-Cal Expansion (MCE)/MAGI Medi-Cal eligible*:
Income equal to or below 138% FPL
Prescription/Insurance Assistance Program Limit:
Income equal to or below 500% FPL
|For families/households with more than eight persons, add $4,420 for each additional person.|
If you qualify for the program mark "Yes" to question two (2) in the client portal or on the Self Verification Form (SVF). If according to the above chart you no longer qualify for the program, please contact your Enrollment Worker for review.
If you have any questions, please contact your Enrollment Worker or call CDPH at (844) 421-7050.