Court Order Delayed Certificate of Fetal Death
A Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death VS 105 (PDF) form is utilized to register a fetal death certificate when:
- A fetal death record was never registered or is not on file with the State Registrar
Information for registering a court order delayed registration of fetal death is located in the Court Order Delayed pamphlet. To request an informational pamphlet, please provide the recipient’s name, mailing address, and the name of the pamphlet, "Court Order Delayed,” to the Amendment Section at AMENDVR@cdph.ca.gov or call (916) 445-2684.
Supporting documents are used to support the information being amended. Required documents include the following:
- Certified Order Establishing Fact of Fetal Death (top of VS 105 form)
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death (bottom of VS 105 form)
A certified court order is required when submitting a Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death.
A notarized Sworn Statement, completed by an authorized person, is required to receive a certified authorized copy of the amended certificate. Please visit the Authorized Copy vs. Informational Copy webpage for a list of authorized persons.
Certified Court Order
A “certified” copy of the court order must be a copy of the order that was originally prepared by the court and signed by the judge. It cannot be an original printout. The photocopy you receive from the court must have all of the following:
- An original court seal
- A signature (or signature stamp) of the judge
- An original signature (or signature stamp) of the court clerk
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death requires a twenty-three dollar ($23) registration fee, which includes a certified copy of the fetal death certificate
- Additional copies are eighteen dollars ($18) each
CDPH-VR processing times may occasionally increase as do the volume of requests.
Currently Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Deaths are processed within six (6) to eight (8) weeks from the date CDPH-VR receives the request.
- Complete all documents in black ink
- No erasures, alterations or whiteouts are allowed on the form once it has been certified
- This form will assist in creating the new birth certificate
Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death VS 105 (PDF) form
Amendment Sworn Statements (English) (Spanish)
Directory of County Vital Record Offices
Other Amendment Types
General Birth Amendment
Court Order Name Change
Correcting a Sex Field Error
Acknowledgement of Paternity/Parentage
Adjudication of Facts of Parentage
Supplemental Name Report
Delayed and Court Order Delayed Vital Event Types
Delayed Registration of Birth
Court Order Delayed Registration of Birth
Court Order Delayed Registration of Marriage
Court Order Delayed Registration of Death