Skip Navigation LinksCorrecting-or-Amending-Vital-Records

vital records

Correcting or Amending Vital Records 

To read these files, Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.  To download free Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here: Adobe Acrobat Reader.

To obtain vital record amendment forms and instructional pamphlets:

To speak with an attendant about amendment issues, please call (916) 445-2684.  Llame al (916) 552-0514 para hablar con un representante en español.

Type of Request

​Instructional Pamphlet​Form​Sample Completed Form








Forms Directory​

Affidavit to Amend a Birth Record  (PDF)Download VS 24 Form
Affidavit to Amend a Death Record  (PDF)Download VS 24 FormSample VS 24 (PDF)
Affidavit to Amend a Marriage Record (PDF)Download VS 24C Form

Sample VS 24C (PDF), ​Checklist (PDF)

Correcting the Sex Field on Birth Certificates (PDF)Download VS 24 Form
Court Order Delayed Certificate of Marriage (PDF)Download VS 122 FormSample VS 122 (PDF)
Court Order Delayed Registration of Birth (PDF)Download VS 108 FormSample VS 108 (PDF)
Court Order Delayed Registration of Death (PDF)Download VS 109 FormSample VS 109 (PDF)
Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death (PDF)Download VS 105 Form
Court Order Name Change (PDF)Download VS 23 Form
Delayed Registration of Birth (PDF)Download VS 85 Form
Obtaining a New Birth Certificate After Sex Change (PDF)Download VS 24 Form
Supplemental Name Report - Birth (PDF)Download VS 107 Form
Page Last Updated :