Skip Navigation LinksAdoptions-or-Changes-in-Paternity

vital records

Adoptions or Changes in Paternity

To read these files, Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. To download free Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here:  Adobe Acrobat Reader.

To obtain vital records amendment forms and instructional pamphlets:

To speak with an attendant about amendment issues, please call (916) 445-2684.  Llame al (916) 552-0514 para hablar con un representante en español.

Type of Request

Instructional Pamphlet


​Sample Completed Form




Forms Directory​​ ​ ​

Acknowledgement of Paternity (PDF) 

(add a parent's name)

Download VS 22 FormSample VS 22 (PDF)

Adjudication of Facts of Parentage (PDF) 

(change  a parent's name)

Download VS 21 FormSample VS 21 (PDF)
The Adoption Process (PDF) Download VS 44 FormSample VS 44 (PDF)
Page Last Updated :