Skip Navigation Linksappsfaqs

Radiologic Health Branch (RHB)

Radiologic Technology and Nuclear Medicine Technology     

 Applications and FAQS

 RHB's application forms (below) are categorized as follows:

  • Radiologic Technologist (RT) Forms
  • Limited Permit X-ray Technician (XT) Forms
  • Licentiate Forms (i.e. MD, DO, DC, DPM, PA)
  • Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMT) Forms
  • Miscellaneous Forms: Change of Name/Address - RT, XT, NMT, & Licentiate.

Important: You are required to inform RHB of any change of name or mailing address within 30 calendar days of the change. Use form CDPH 8391 (PDF).

IMPORTANT NOTE:  If you did not receive your renewal notice, use the "Special Renewal Application" as found in the applicable category below.

General Information or Links:

 Radiologic Technologists (RT) Forms

 Limited Permit X-ray Technician (XT) Forms ​​


 Licentiate Forms (MD, DO, DC, DPM, PA)

  • Special Renewal Application forms for Physician Assistant Fluoroscopy Permits:
  • CDPH 8230 (PDF) - California Licentiate Supervisor & Operator Permits [DO NOT USE FOR PERMIT RENEWAL]


NOTE: Because of the examination change beginning July 1, 2018, the Radiography Syllabus was retired on June 30, 2018, and should not be used as study material  for the new examination. 

 Nuclear Medicine Technologists (NMT) Forms

  • CDPH 8435 (PDF) - Nuclear Medicine Technology Certificate Application [DO NOT USE FOR PERMIT RENEWAL]

 Miscellaneous Forms

  • CDPH 8391 (PDF) - Change of Name or Address Form - RT, XT, NMT, & Licentiates​        
Page Last Updated :