The Radiologic Health Branch (RHB), is proud to introduce the Interactive Radiation Machine Registration (RH 2261) Form. This form combines the three, separate, existing, non-interactive radiation machine registration forms, RH 2261N, RH 2261C, and RH 2261W, into one interactive form. You can use the interactive form for notifying the RHB as a new registrant, an existing registrant with changes to your facility or machine registration information, or to withdraw your existing registration.
To start using the form, simply click on the category that applies to you and follow the instructions. The form is user-friendly and guides you throughout the entire process. It minimizes errors by helping you choose the correct information such as Type Codes. It prevents submission of the form with missing information by requiring you to complete fields before allowing you to move on to the next.
Click here for the Interactive Radiation Machine Registration (RH 2261) Form.
Please be advised of the following:
- California Code of Regulations, Title 17, section 30108 requires that every person possessing a reportable source of radiation shall register with the RHB.
- Use of the interactive form to register is highly recommended.
- The non-interactive radiation machine registration forms are still available but only for a limited time.
- The Report of Assembly of a Diagnostic X-Ray System (Form FDA 2579) is not a substitute for the radiation machine registration forms.
- A new or existing registrant must submit a completed radiation machine registration form within 30 days of possessing a radiation machine or to report any changes to registration information.
- Failure to report the sale, transfer, disposal, or discontinuance of use of a radiation machine will result in continued registration billing.
If you have additional questions, you may email the RHB at email@example.com or call (916) 327-5106. Along with your inquiry, please provide your full name as well as your facility's name, facility number if applicable (for example, FAC #####), and phone number.