Skip Navigation LinksResourcesforLicensees


Resources Banner

Resources for Licensees

Tools for Licensees

Sample Sales Receipt (PDF) – for documenting transfers of cannabis and cannabis products

Download the California Universal Symbol for Cannabis: California Universal Symbol (JPG), California Universal Symbol (PNG), California Universal Symbol (PDF)

Educational Materials

Annual License Application Checklist (PDF)

Temporary License Application Checklist (PDF)

Licensing Informational Sessions Video

Licensing Informational Sessions Presentation Slides (PDF)

Frequently Asked Questions

State Requirements for Cannabis Manufacturers

MCSB Emergency Regulations (PDF)

MCSB Emergency Regulations Fact Sheet (PDF)

California Business and Professions Code – Division 10. Cannabis (PDF)

Other State Cannabis Licenses


All licensees operating in the commercial cannabis market must participate in tracking cannabis as it moves through the supply chain – from seed to sale. CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing, a division of the California Department of Food & Agriculture, will run the state's Track-and-Trace system.

Cannabis manufacturers will receive a login to this system when they receive their annual license. Until then, the movement of cannabis can be tracked using sales receipts, like the sample listed below.

If you have any questions about Track-and-Trace, contact CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing. [LINK]

Sample Sales Receipt (PDF) – for documenting transfers of cannabis and cannabis products

Upcoming Track-and-Trace Workshops (PDF)

Track-and-Trace FAQs (PDF)

Tax Guide for Cannabis Businesses

All commercial cannabis manufacturers are required to register with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) [LINK] for a seller's permit, or receive a letter from CDTFA confirming that they do not need one. CDTFA has developed a tax guide for cannabis businesses with information about cannabis taxes, how to register for a seller's permit, and videos explaining tax payment.

View the CDTFA Tax Guide for Cannabis Businesses (PDF)


The California Secretary of State's Cannabizfile website provides information about business registration, registrations of trademarks or service marks, and instructions for changing business structure.

View Cannabizfile

Page Last Updated :