Announcing: A New Online Training under Development
SNAP-Ed: Building Blocks for Success
SNAP-Ed: Building Blocks for Success is an interactive training that will explore the fundamentals of the program in building and maintaining healthy communities. It aims to help new SNAP-Ed staff apply public health strategies that support healthy eating and physical activity in the communities they serve. It focuses on key elements of programmatic and fiscal/administrative areas. The training will feature:
- Welcoming Video Montage: An inspirational welcoming video montage of nearly two dozen employees sharing their experiences with the program and why it is such a value part of the local public health and community change efforts. The video, now available for use, may be a helpful tool in explaining SNAP-Ed to new staff, partners, or other community stakeholders.
- SNAP Town: An interactive virtual town where learners can explore important elements of our SNAP-Ed efforts
- Learning Modules: A series of brief learning modules that will focus on a variety of topics relevant to the programmatic and fiscal/administrative components of SNAP-Ed
- Disability Inclusion: Several modules will explicitly focus on disability inclusion
- Flexibility: Learners will be able to choose which modules they are interested in, and the order in which they take them.
Look for more information about this training later this year.
For more information about either the video or the upcoming online training, please contact CASNAP-EDTraining@cdph.ca.gov