The Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (OLPPP)
The Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (OLPPP) is a program in the California Department of Public Health that helps employers, workers, and others prevent lead poisoning in workers.
How does OLPPP help prevent work-related lead poisoning?
- Identify lead-poisoned workers and help them get proper medical care
- Help workers avoid carrying lead home on their clothes and poisoning their families
- Assist employers to improve their lead safety practices
- Provide information to help doctors, nurses, and others care for lead-poisoned workers
- Track adult blood lead levels to find out who is exposed to lead in California
- Help clinical labs comply with adult blood lead reporting requirements