Planning and Data Analysis
Planning and Data Analysis Unit in the Health Information and Strategic Planning Division provides reports with data tables and descriptive analysis of California mortality trends by sex, age, race/ethnic group, and county of residence for selected causes of death.
Key functions include:
- Statistical analysis of data pertaining to key health status indicators for California's counties and production of related reports
- Production of master birth/death index files for public and law enforcement use
- Maintenance of the Vital Statistics Query System
- Technical consultation for governmental programs, county health departments, and the public on uses of California's health indicator data
- Coordination of the decennial revisions of vital event certificates in conjunction with federal revisions and the recommendations of California's stakeholders
For more information, please contact PDATrends@cdph.ca.gov.