Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Certificates & Licenses
Publications & Forms
Su salud en su idioma
Most Popular Links
Birth, Death, & Marriage Certificates
Licensing and Certification
CHHS Open Data Portal
Decisions Pending & Opportunities for Public Participation
Diseases & Conditions
Language Access Complaint Process
Local Health Services
Public Records Act Requests
California Health and Human Services Agency
Department of Health Care Services (includes Medi-Cal)
State Agencies Directory
Office of AIDS
HIV/AIDS Reporting Laws
Office of AIDS
HIV/AIDS Reporting Laws and Regulations
Assembly Bill 2541 Fact Sheets
- California laws on the disclosure of HIV/AIDS public health records.
California HIV/AIDS Laws, 2009 (PDF)
- A source of HIV/AIDS-related laws that includes statutes enacted January 1, 2010. (posted March 3, 2010)
California Law Requiring CD4 Reporting - Senate Bill (SB) 1184 (December 2008) (PDF)
- SB 1184 (Kuehl, Chapter 347, Statutes of 2008), requires each clinical laboratory to report to all CD4+ T-cell tests to the local health officer within seven days of the completion of a CD4+ T-cell test.
CA Law Regarding CD4 Reporting Requirements - AB 1045 (October 2009) (PDF)
- Guidance for Assembly Bill 1045, which allows a clinical laboratory not to report a CD4+ T-cell test result to the local health officer if the clinical laboratory can demonstrate that the CD4+ T-cell test result is not related to a diagnosed case of HIV infection.
CA Law Requiring HIV Genotype Sequence Reporting - HSC Section 121022 (PDF)
- California Health and Safety Code (HSC) Section 121022 requires each clinical laboratory preforming HIV Genotype Testing to report the results to the California Department of Public Health, Center for Infectious Diseases, Office of AIDS (OA).
Reporting HIV test Results to California Local Health Officers (July 2015) (PDF)
The purpose of this letter is to inform and remind all in-state and out-of-state laboratories conducting HIV tests on biological samples originating in California about the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
Health and Safety Code
Related HIV/AIDS California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Regulations (See Title 17 - Division 1)
CDPH Office of Regulations
Archived HIV/AIDS Reporting Laws and Regulations
Office of AIDS Home
Back to Top
Conditions of Use
Last modified on: 8/13/2015 11:45 AM