CDPH Office of Compliance - Internal Audits
The mission of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Office of Compliance - Internal Audits (OOC-Internal Audits) is to provide an independent, objective analysis and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Department's operations.
We are committed to helping the Department accomplish its mission and strategic objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to monitor, evaluate, and recommend improvements to CDPH's governance processes, effectiveness of risk management, and controls.
Report Improper Activities by State Agencies or Employees (Whistleblower Hotline)
The California State Auditor (State Auditor) is your confidential avenue for reporting any type of improper activities by state agencies or employees. It's your responsibility as a Government employee to report any type of fraud, waste, or abuse, which ultimately protects scarce budget dollars.
Filing a complaint:
· A clear and concise statement of what you are alleging is an improper act, why you believe it’s improper, and what evidence there is to confirm that what you are saying is true.
· A name or other information that clearly identifies the person you are alleging has acted improperly and the department where that person works.
· Identify witnesses or documents that will support what you're saying.
· While you may submit a complaint anonymously, the State Auditor may not be able to determine whether your complaint has merit if they're unable to interview you.
· Submit copies of any documents that support your complaint. It’s extremely helpful to the State Auditor's evaluation process. However, please submit copies of the documents, rather than the original documents, as they cannot be returned. If the State Auditor needs the original documents, they’ll inquire for them at a later time.
This link provides additional information on how to file a Whistleblower Complaint with the State Auditor http://www.bsa.ca.gov/hotline