Welcome to the State of California 

  Requests for Food Category Changes

 Food Category Change Requests are currently being accepted; requests will be accepted from August 1, 2014 through August 31, 2014 only.

The California Department of Public Health/California Women, Infants and Children Division (CDPH/WIC) is currently accepting Food Category Change Requests (requested changes in food policy, as described in the WIC Authorized Food List Shopping Guide). Please do not submit a request asking for a change in federal regulation; only USDA can make those changes.  Requests for change must indicate which products are to be considered, including assurance that the products have received USDA approval for use in WIC programs.  CDPH/WIC will notify you in writing whether or not your request results in a food category/policy change. Food Category Change Request Letters must be submitted in writing (electronic submissions will not be accepted) and postmarked between August 1, 2014 and August 31, 2014 and sent to:



For US Postal Service:                                                          For UPS or Federal Express Deliveries:
Anne Cording MS, RD                                                              Anne Cording MS, RD
     Food Package Specialist                                                          Food Package Specialist
Food Package Unit                                                                   Food Package Unit
California Department of Public Health                                    California Department of Public Health
WIC Program                                                                           WIC Program
PO Box 997375                                                                        3901 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA  95899-7375                                                 Sacramento, CA  95834

Last modified on: 8/1/2014 10:32 AM