Research Assistant Recruitment
The Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Program at the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has several Volunteer / Internship positions available. An abundance of exciting research and policy-influencing activities await students seeking projects with relevant data and practical applications. Staff members will provide supervision and collaboration. The IAQ Program is located in Richmond, California; some activities can be performed off-site, using email connectivity in coordination with our staff.
There are opportunities to collaborate in the following areas:
- Dampness and mold
- Analysis of data on moisture indicators and indoor air samples
- Raman micro-spectroscopy-based identification of microbial agents
- Chemical exposures due to cleaning products
- Secondary pollutants from Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI)
- Review of ozone removal technology/materials for improving IAQ
- Human sensory impact of Microbial Volatile Organic Counpounds (MVOCs)
- Sensory evaluation and enzymatic biomarker measurements to building materials
- Emission testing of building materials
- Particle released from laser printer
- Total exposure study to Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds (SVOC)
- Characteristics of house dust
- Human behavior to save energy and to improve indoor air quality
- Effect of climate change to indoor air quality
Anyone with background in Public Health, Public Policy, Engineering, Building Sciences or Information Management is invited to apply, though all who are willing to contribute to this field will be considered. Those interested should submit (a) a current resume and (b) a cover letter outlining any specific interest and background via email to email@example.com.
Kazukiyo Kumagai, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Chief, Indoor Air Quality Program
California Department of Public Health