Evidence and Practice-based Nutrition Education
The Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch (NEOPB) provides statewide direction on targeted nutrition education and obesity prevention strategies designed to:
These evidence and practice-based campaigns and programs conduct culturally relevant and age-appropriate interventions to reach low-income families where they live, work, learn, shop, and worship.
Model SNAP-Ed Social Marketing Initiatives
Many of the campaigns and programs created by the California Department of Public Health Are featured in the USDA SNAP-Ed Obesity Prevention Toolkit for States. This toolkit is a compilation of successful pilot and proven community and school interventions that have approval for implementation with SNAP-Ed funds.
- African-American Campaign, paired with Body & Soul
- California Fit Business Kit (Worksite Program)
- Children's Power Play! Campaign
- Communities of Excellence in Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity Prevention (CX3)
- Latino Campaign, with Toolbox for Community Educators
- Retail Program
- Rethink Your Drink Campaign
- Youth Participatory Action Research Projects (YPAR)
For more information, please contact NEOPB at (916) 449-5400