Office of AIDS
AIDS Drug Assistance Program
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) helps ensure that people living with HIV and AIDS who are uninsured and under-insured have access to medication. Individuals are eligible for ADAP if they:
- are a resident of California;
- are HIV infected;
- are 18 years of age or older;
- has a Modified Adjusted Gross Income of not more than 500% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL), based on household income (e.g., $59,400 for a household of one);
- have a valid prescription from a licensed California physician; and
- do not qualify for no-cost Medi-Cal.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you must apply in person at an authorized ADAP enrollment site. You will be responsible to provide support documentation to verify your eligibility.
Once you complete your enrollment into ADAP, your HIV medications will be accessible through participating ADAP pharmacies. Currently, 203 drugs are available through ADAP, and there are over 6,000 participating pharmacies statewide where you can access these drugs.
To find the nearest ADAP enrollment site or participating pharmacy, please call A.J. Boggs client service at 1-844-550-3944.
Office of AIDS Home