Requests for Certified Copies
These are our estimated processing times for certified copies, which may occasionally increase as our volume of requests increases. The processing time begins when we receive your request. (County Recorder Offices can sometimes process requests faster than our office.)
If you are using our state application form - but are submitting your request to a county office for processing - please first check with the county office to confirm their certified copy fees, as they may be different from the State fees. Refer to the "Directory of County Vital Record Offices" link below for county contact information.
If you are amending a birth, death, or marriage record and have paid for a certified copy of the amended record, refer to the processing timeframes below for amendments.
- Birth Record From 1965 to Present - 4 Weeks*
- Birth Record From 1905 to 1964 - 6 Weeks
- Death Record From 1993 to Present - 4 Weeks*
- Death Record From 1905 to 1992 - 6 Weeks
- Public Marriage Record - Can exceed 6 months
- Certificate of Record (Divorce) - Can exceed 6 months
* Requests for more recent birth and death records have shorter processing times, as the records have been imaged for quicker retrieval.
Requests for Amendments
The estimated processing times for amendments are listed below. These processing times include issuing a certified copy of the amended record (if you paid for a copy). Our processing times may occasionally increase as our volume of requests increases. The processing time begins when we receive your request.
Acknowledgement of Paternity - 2 Months
Adjudication of Facts of Parentage - 2 Months
Adoption - 2 Months
Birth Amendment - 2 Months
Court Order Name Change - 2 Months
Death Amendment - 2 Months
Delayed Registration - 2 Months
Gender Reassignment - 2 Months
Marriage Amendment - 2 Months